Complete Guide to Brand Building through Social Media
Building a strong and positive view of a company, service, person, or product in the eyes of the general public or customers is known as brand building.
It entails a number of calculated actions and endeavours to create a unique and identifiable brand identity, cultivate consumer loyalty and trust, and ultimately propel the brand’s long-term success and value.
It is crucial that you use social media to promote your company if you are determined to launch it and see it grow quickly. To learn more about social media brand building, continue reading.
Understand that social media brand building involves using the social media platforms for establishing your brand.
The branding activity through social media assists you to create and maintain a positive image of your brand in the minds of your target audience.
Just keep in mind to develop a social media strategy to keep your actions aligned with your brand goals. For branding, creating and sharing engaging content, and interacting with your followers is important because connecting audiences is the purpose of existence.
Social media for brand building is a cost effective way to connect personally with your target audience. You can tell them your brand story, showcase your products and services, and build customer relationships.
Some of the common strategies that should be accepted broadly include:
- Share content that is engaging
Share what the audience is looking for and that can keep them hooked. You can try blog posts, articles, infographics, videos, and images. Keep it relevant to your target audience to meet brand goals.
- Engage with followers
Engage with followers by replying and responding to their comments and questions. Participate in conversations or run social media contests. This can foster relationships and make your followers feel valued by interacting with them.
- Advertise using social media
Use social media advertising strategically and targeting your ads to To reach a larger audience and promote your brand.
Strategies For Social Media Branding
Without social media presence, your brand is nothing because the world is competitive. To beat the competition, businesses operate both offline and online But to reach a wider audience, social media is the only way.
But you need to have a strategy to begin with.
Here are some steps you can follow to build a social media branding strategy:
- Define your brand goals.
You must establish the reason for which you want to use social media platforms for your brand. Is it increasing brand awareness, driving traffic to your website, or generating leads? Once you know your goals and are sure, you can develop a social media strategy.
- Choose the right social media platforms.
You may not get the right audience or any business from all social media platforms. Like a fashion brand may not be able to pull an audience or buyers from LinkedIn.
Choose the platform that is better suited for specific brands and industries than others. Research to determine which platforms your target audience is most active on and then start with the platform.
- Develop a brand voice and tone.
Aligning brand tone with social media marketing is essential. Audience connects with you faster that way. Keep it consistent across all the platforms. This will help you to create a cohesive brand experience for your followers.
- Create and share engaging content.
Engaging content sells. If the audience spends time with your content, you have won the show. And for that your content should be informative, entertaining, and relevant to your target audience. It should comply with your brand voice and image.
- Interact with your followers.
Posting content doesn’t fulfil the purpose. You need to observe if there are any comments over it. Engage with it!
Respond to comments and questions, participate in conversations, and run social media contests.
- Use social media analytics.
Analysis can help you pull up your results and actions. Track your progress and see what’s working and what’s not for your brand. Use this information to refine your social media strategy over time.
Some important things to note for social media branding:
- Use high-quality visuals. Post the visual content as it is more engaging than text-only content. Make sure to use high-quality images and videos in your social media posts.
- Be consistent. Out of sight is out of mind hence, post new content regularly. This will help you to stay top-of-mind with your followers.
- Use relevant hashtags. Choose the right hashtags for your brand. It can help you to reach a wider audience. When you use relevant hashtags in your posts, your content will show up in search results for those hashtags.
- Run social media contests and giveaways. This is a great way to engage your followers and generate excitement about your brand.
- Partner with influencers. Influencers can help you to reach a wider audience and promote your brand to their followers.
Social Media Brands Case Studies
Let us read the case studies to understand how social media helps in building brand
Case Study 1: How Nike Uses Social Media for Brand Building
One of the most successful brands that has gained from their social media brand building strategy is Nike The brand shares . Nike shares its brand narrative and regularly interacts with its target market. It also promotes its products and services on social media.
You can find Nike on all of the major social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. They have 200 million+ followers on Instagram, 100 million+ on Twitter, and 200 million+ on Facebook.
Nike uses social media to share a variety of content, including:
- Product announcements and promotions: Nike announces new items and promotions on social media. They also hold giveaways and competitions on social media.
- Inspirational content: Nike frequently posts touching tales of athletes overcoming adversity to accomplish their objectives on social media. Nike is able to establish an emotional connection with its target audience with this kind of material.
- Stuff from behind the scenes: Nike also posts images and videos from product development and photo shoots to social media. Nike uses this kind of content to assist their fans get a taste of the brand.
Nike also uses social media to interact with their followers. They respond to comments and questions, and they participate in conversations. This helps Nike to build relationships with their followers and make them feel valued.
Social media has been a massive benefit to Nike’s brand. Nike has used social media to increase brand awareness, connect with their target audience, and promote their products and services. Nike’s strong social media presence has helped it to become one of the most successful brands in the world.
Here are some specific examples of how Nike has used social media for their benefit:
- In 2016, Nike launched the #JustDoIt campaign on social media. The campaign was designed to inspire people to achieve their goals, no matter how small or big they may be. The campaign was a huge success and helped increase brand awareness for Nike.
- In 2018, Nike signed a sponsorship deal with Colin Kaepernick, a former NFL quarterback known for kneeling during the national anthem to protest police brutality against Black people. The deal was controversial, but it helped to generate a lot of publicity for Nike. Nike also used social media to share Kaepernick’s story and support his social justice message.
- In 2020, Nike launched the #PlayForAll campaign on social media. The campaign was designed to promote inclusivity and diversity in sports. The campaign featured athletes from all backgrounds and abilities. The campaign was a success, and it helped reinforce Nike’s image as a brand committed to diversity and inclusion.
Case Study 2: How Dove Uses Social Media for Brand Building
Another brand that has used social media brand building to gain popularity is Dove. It is a personal care brand that connects with its audience. They pitched their product by selling it for personal care. The brand through social media established the fact that they care for their audience. It influenced the people positively.
Dove used all the platforms to include Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. They have over 40 million followers on Facebook, over 10 million on Twitter, and over 6 million on Instagram.
Dove uses social media to share a variety of content, including:
- Promotions and Product announcements: The brand uses social media to announce new products and promotions. They also run contests and giveaways on social media.
- Inspirational content: Dove is known for sharing emotional content on social media. It was around the details on how women felt about their skin and how much they wanted a simple solution for a softer skin. This content helped Dove connect deeper with the audience.
- Educational content: The brand wants people to participate and use their product more. And for this Dove shared educational content on social media dedicated to topics that include skincare and beauty tips.
Dove makes sure to respond to comments and questions on their social media platforms and participate in conversations. This helps Dove to foster relationships with its followers and make them feel valued.
So, other than relationship building and increasing brand awareness, Dove connects with its target audience to promote its products and services. Dove’s strong social media presence has helped them become one of the world’s most successful personal care brands.
Here are some specific examples of how Dove has used social media for their benefit:
- Dove started their “Real Beauty Sketches” social media campaign in 2006. In the advertising campaign, a forensic sketch artist created images of women based on their own descriptions and those of outsiders. The advertising campaign was extremely effective in spreading Dove’s self-esteem message.
- Dove launched their “Choose Beautiful” social media campaign in 2013. Images of women with various body shapes and ethnic backgrounds were featured in the ad. The goal of the campaign was to inspire women to appreciate their individual attractiveness. The ad was a success and contributed to enhancing Dove’s reputation as a company dedicated to inclusion and diversity.
- The “Dove Self-Esteem Project” was introduced by Dove in 2016 on social media. The project is an international initiative with the goal of assisting young girls and women in developing a positive body image. Girls and young women can access instructional materials and assistance activities through the programme. The initiative was a success, and it assisted Dove in establishing itself as a pioneer in the fields of body image and self-esteem.
Read More – How to Create a 30-Day Social Media Plan?
In this comprehensive guide to brand building through social media, we’ve unveiled the key strategies and principles that can empower your brand’s online presence. These insights are your roadmap to success, on how you can define your brand and how you can connect with your audience.
If you want us to help you with the strategies on brand building, we will help you. Write to us at hello[at]noboruworld.com for helping you with social media branding strategy.
Why is social media essential for brand building?
Social media is a quick and cost-effective way to connect with a massive audience. It is an easier way to build brand awareness, establish trust, and foster loyalty by creating a dynamic online presence.
Which social media platforms should I use for brand building?
The choice of social media will vary depending on your business and the audience you cater to. Some of the popular options include Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and TikTok. You can research your audience and then begin with social media branding
How often should I post on social media for brand building?
Consistency and frequency is the key to social media brand building. Maintain quality and meaningful posts so that the audience gets what they are looking for.
What types of content are effective for brand building?
Often content includes educational articles, engaging visuals, videos, user-generated content, and stories that resonate with your brand’s values. But for your brand, you will have to research.
How can I measure the success of my social media brand-building efforts?
You can measure the success of your social media brand building efforts with KPIs. Some of the Key performance indicators (KPIs) that you can monitor include engagement rates, follower growth, website traffic, conversion rates, and ROI from paid advertising. Use social media analytics tools to track these metrics.
Read More – How to create a visual brand style guide