30 Unique Content Marketing Ideas
It is safe to say that most brands, from small businesses to large corporations, use content marketing to promote their products and services and engage with their audience. According to reports published by Content Marketing Institute,
- 71% of B2B marketers say content marketing has become more critical to their organisation in the last year.
- 40% of B2B marketers have a documented content marketing strategy; another 33% have a strategy, but it’s not documented, and another 27% have no strategy at all.
- Just 29% of B2B marketers say their organisation is extremely or very successful with content marketing.
Let us dive deep into the relevance of content marketing.
What is Content Marketing?
Content marketing is a strategic approach that involves creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and engage a target audience. In addition, content marketing aims to drive profitable customer action, such as generating leads, increasing sales, and building brand awareness and loyalty.
Content marketing involves creating various content types, including blog posts, articles, videos, infographics, white papers, e-books, case studies, webinars, podcasts, and social media posts. The content should be informative, educational, and engaging and address the needs and interests of the target audience.
The process of content marketing typically involves the following steps:
1.Defining the target audience:
Understanding the needs, interests, and pain points of the target audience is crucial to creating compelling content that resonates with them.
2.Developing a content strategy:
This involves determining the goals of the content marketing program, selecting the content types and channels to use, and creating a content calendar.
3.Creating the content:
Content can be produced in-house or outsourced to a content marketing agency. It should be high-quality, informative, and engaging.
4.Distributing the content:
The content is distributed through various channels, including social media, email marketing, and the brand’s website.
5.Analysing and measuring the results:
Analytics are used to measure the effectiveness of the content marketing program, and the results are used to refine the strategy and improve future content.
Content marketing is a powerful tool for building brand awareness, engaging with a target audience, and driving profitable customer action.
Content Marketing-Impact On Ranking And Growth
Content marketing can significantly impact a brand’s ranking and growth in several ways. Here are some ways in which content marketing can impact a brand’s ranking and growth:
Content marketing can help improve a brand’s search engine ranking by providing valuable and informative content that targets specific keywords and search queries. High-quality content optimised for search engines can help enhance a brand’s visibility in search results, leading to increased website traffic and potential customer acquisition.
Marketing through content increase brand awareness:
By creating and distributing valuable and informative content, a brand can establish itself as a thought leader in its industry and increase brand awareness. This can lead to increased visibility, customer engagement, and sales.
Content marketing enhances customer engagement:
Content marketing can help a brand engage with its target audience by providing relevant and valuable content. This can help build trust and credibility with the audience, leading to increased customer loyalty and retention.
Content marketing gives lead generation:
Content marketing can be an effective tool for lead generation by providing valuable content that encourages potential customers to provide their contact information in exchange for the content. This can help a brand build a database of leads that can be nurtured and converted into customers over time.
Content marketing can help a brand grow its social media presence by providing shareable and engaging content. This can help increase brand visibility and reach, leading to increased engagement and potential customer acquisition.
Content marketing can significantly impact a brand’s ranking and growth by improving its search engine visibility, increasing brand awareness and engagement, generating leads, and growing its social media presence.
Content marketing builds brand reputation with increased awareness:
Content marketing can be a powerful tool for building a brand’s reputation and increasing its authority in its industry. By creating and distributing high-quality, informative content, a brand can establish itself as a thought leader in its industry, showcasing its expertise and providing valuable information to its audience. This can help build trust and credibility with its audience, leading to increased authority.
One of the key ways in which content marketing helps build a brand’s reputation is by establishing thought leadership. By creating insightful, informative content relevant to the target audience’s needs, a brand can showcase its expertise in its industry and position itself as a trusted source of information. This can help build a reputation for being an industry’s reliable and authoritative voice.
Content marketing helps in establish trust with the audience
Content marketing can be a powerful tool for establishing audience trust by providing valuable and informative content that meets the target audience’s needs.
By creating and sharing high-quality content that is valuable and relevant to the target audience, a brand can establish trust and credibility. When the audience sees a brand providing helpful information, they are more likely to trust it and view it as an authority in its industry.
Content marketing can help a brand showcase its expertise in its industry by providing content demonstrating its knowledge and experience. This can help build a reputation for being a reliable and trustworthy source of information, which can increase trust among the audience.
Content marketing can also help establish trust by being transparent and honest with the audience. A brand can build trust and credibility with the audience by providing accurate and truthful information and being open about the brand’s products and services.
Consistency is key in content marketing regarding building trust. By consistently providing high-quality content that meets the target audience’s needs, a brand can establish a reputation for being a reliable and trustworthy source of information.
How Brands Have Achieved Growth in Content Marketing?
Brands have achieved growth through content marketing by utilising various tactics that help them create, distribute and promote high-quality content that resonates with their target audience.
Here are some of how brands have achieved growth through content marketing:
Developing a content strategy:
Brands that have achieved growth through content marketing have typically developed a comprehensive content strategy that aligns with their overall business goals. This involves identifying the target audience, understanding their needs, and creating content that addresses them.
Creating high-quality content:
Successful brands have also focused on creating high-quality content that is engaging, informative, and valuable to the target audience. This involves using a variety of content formats, such as blog posts, infographics, videos, podcasts, and more, to cater to different audience preferences.
Consistent publishing schedule:
Brands that have achieved growth through content marketing have maintained a consistent schedule. This helps to build an audience and keeps them engaged with the brand’s content.
Brands have also promoted their content through various channels, such as social media, email marketing, paid to advertise, and influencer partnerships. This helps increase the content’s reach and drive traffic to the brand’s website.
Measuring and optimising:
Successful brands have also measured the performance of their content and optimised it for better results. This involves tracking metrics such as engagement, traffic, and conversions and using the insights gained to improve future content.
Following these tactics, brands have grown through content marketing, building an engaged audience, and driving increased business opportunities.
Ultimately, content marketing has proven to be a powerful tool for brands that want to establish their authority, build relationships with their target audience, and drive growth over the long term.
Some brand examples who have attained higher share with content marketing:
Red Bull is a brand that has built its entire marketing strategy around content marketing. They produce a wide range of content, including videos, articles, and events, all focused on extreme sports and adventure.
Here are some stats that demonstrate the effectiveness of Red Bull’s content marketing:
- Red Bull’s YouTube channel has over 10.4 million subscribers and more than 9.4 billion views, making it one of the most popular brand channels on the platform.
- The company’s content marketing strategy has led to numerous successful events, including the Red Bull Stratos space jump, which garnered over 52 million views on YouTube alone.
- In 2019, Red Bull’s content marketing efforts drove 46% of the brand’s total revenue, which amounted to more than $7.5 billion.
- Red Bull’s content marketing strategy has also helped it establish itself as a lifestyle brand, focusing on extreme sports and adventure. This has helped the brand appeal to a younger, more active demographic.
- Red Bull’s content marketing has also led to significant social media engagement, with the brand’s channels amassing millions of followers across various platforms.
Hubspot is a software company that provides inbound marketing and sales software. They offer a range of free tools, courses, and resources to help businesses grow their online presence.
Here are some statistics that demonstrate the effectiveness of Hubspot’s content marketing efforts:
- Hubspot’s blog is one of the most popular marketing blogs on the internet, with over 7 million monthly visitors and 2.5 million subscribers.
- The company’s content marketing efforts have helped establish Hubspot as a leader in inbound marketing, ranking as the top inbound marketing platform in G2’s Grid Report.
- Hubspot has also used content marketing to build a loyal customer base, reporting a 70% customer retention rate.
- Hubspot’s content marketing strategy has also helped drive significant revenue growth, with the company reporting a 32% year-over-year increase in revenue in 2021.
Coca-Cola’s “Share a Coke” campaign is an excellent example of content marketing. The campaign encouraged customers to find bottles with their names on them, generating buzz on social media and increasing brand loyalty.
Coca-Cola is a brand that has successfully implemented various content marketing strategies over the years. Here are four statistics that demonstrate the effectiveness of Coca-Cola’s content marketing efforts:
- Coca-Cola’s “Share a Coke” campaign, which personalised Coke bottles with customer names, led to a 2.5% increase in sales in the U.S. and helped boost the company’s social media presence, with over 500,000 photos shared using the #ShareACoke hashtag.
- Coca-Cola’s “Taste the Feeling” campaign, which used emotional storytelling to connect with consumers, generated over 1.5 billion impressions and helped drive a 4% increase in global sales.
- Coca-Cola has over 107 million followers across its social media channels, with the company’s social media strategy focused on building engagement and creating shareable content.
- Coca-Cola has also used content marketing to build its sustainability credentials. The company’s “World Without Waste” initiative generated over 45 billion media impressions in 2020 and helped position Coca-Cola as a leader in sustainable packaging.
The brand uses content marketing to build trust and establish itself as a reputable source of travel accommodations. They produce high-quality guides and articles that offer travellers and potential hosts valuable information.
Airbnb is a brand that has used content marketing to build trust, establish itself as a reputable source of travel accommodations, and connect with its target audience. Here are some statistics that demonstrate the effectiveness of Airbnb’s content marketing efforts:
- Airbnb’s blog, which features a range of travel guides and articles, has become a popular resource for travellers, with over 10 million monthly readers.
- Airbnb’s “Experiences” platform, which offers travellers the opportunity to book unique local experiences, has been a successful content marketing initiative, generating over $1 billion in revenue in 2019.
- Airbnb has also used video content to engage with its target audience, with its “Made Possible By Hosts” campaign generating over 9 million views on YouTube.
- Airbnb’s social media presence is also impressive, with the brand amassing over 5.5 million followers on Instagram and over 4 million followers on Twitter.
These are just a few examples of brands that have successfully used content marketing to build their brand and connect with their customers.
30 Unique Techniques for Content Marketing Ideas.
Here are 30 unique techniques for generating content marketing ideas:
- Conduct customer interviews and create content based on their feedback.
- Utilise user-generated content such as customer reviews, social media posts, and images.
- Create an online forum or community to foster engagement and user-generated content.
- Analyse your competitors’ content and identify gaps in the market.
- Use social listening tools to monitor conversations about your brand and industry.
- Leverage data from customer surveys or focus groups to create relevant content.
- Partner with influencers or industry experts to create collaborative content.
- Create quizzes or polls to engage your audience and gather feedback.
- Repurpose existing content into different formats, such as videos, podcasts, or infographics.
- Conduct original research and create content around the findings.
- Use trending news topics to develop timely and relevant content.
- Create how-to or instructional content that addresses common pain points for your audience.
- Use storytelling to create emotional connections with your audience.
- Create a series of related content pieces that build upon one another.
- Use humour or memes to make your content more engaging.
- Create content around special events or holidays that are relevant to your brand.
- Create content that addresses frequently asked questions about your products or services.
- Use customer success stories to illustrate the benefits of your products or services.
- Create content that addresses current industry trends and Google trends and provides insights or thought leadership.
- Create visually stunning content such as virtual tours or 360-degree images.
- Leverage pop culture references or trending hashtags to create shareable content.
- Create an interactive tool or calculator that engages your audience.
- Use case studies to demonstrate the effectiveness of your products or services.
- Create content that addresses common myths or misconceptions about your industry.
- Use the live streaming to create real-time engagement with your audience.
- Create content that showcases your company culture or values.
- Create seasonal content such as back-to-school or summer vacation guides.
- Use data visualisation tools to present complex information in an engaging format.
- Create a series of expert interviews or Q&A sessions on relevant topics.
- Use personalization to create content tailored to your audience’s interests and preferences.
How To Choose The Best Technique For Your Brand?
Choosing the best content marketing technique for your brand involves several steps, including understanding your target audience, defining your brand’s unique value proposition, and determining the most effective way to distribute your content.
Here are some tips to help you choose the best content marketing technique for your brand:
- Understand your target audience: Start by understanding who your target audience is, their pain points, and what they are looking for in terms of information and entertainment. By understanding your audience, you can create content that resonates with them and provides value.
- Define your brand’s unique value proposition: Determine what sets your brand apart from your competitors and create content highlighting those unique selling points. This can help differentiate your brand and attract your target audience.
- Choose the proper content format: Consider the format most effective for your target audience. This can include blog posts, social media posts, videos, infographics, podcasts, webinars, and more.
- Focus on quality over quantity: Rather than producing a large volume of content, focus on creating high-quality content that provides value to your target audience.
- Use data to inform your strategy: Monitor the performance of your content using analytics tools and adjust your strategy based on what is working and is not.
- Consider different distribution channels: Identify the most effective distribution channels for your content, such as social media, email marketing, search engine optimization, and paid advertising.
- Stay up to date with the latest trends: Keep up with the latest trends in content marketing and adapt your strategy to stay ahead of the competition.
Following these tips, you can choose the best marketing technique for your brand and build a successful content marketing strategy.
Let us understand how a brand called Zomato generates content marketing ideas. This image below is from one of the recent posts from Zomato.
Zomato generates content marketing ideas by using a variety of methods to stay up-to-date with the latest food and dining trends, as well as by gathering insights from their user data. Here are a few ways they generate ideas for their content marketing:
Monitoring industry trends:
Zomato keeps a close eye on industry trends locally and globally. They follow food and restaurant industry news, track emerging food trends and popular dishes, and use this information to generate content ideas.
Analysing user data:
Zomato collects data from user reviews, ratings, and search queries to identify popular cuisines, dishes, and restaurants. They use this data to create relevant and exciting content for their users.
Zomato occasionally conducts surveys of its users to gather insights into their preferences and behaviours. These surveys help them understand what their users are interested in and what content they want.
Collaborating with industry experts:
Zomato works with chefs, food bloggers, and other industry experts to create informative and engaging content. These collaborations help them stay on top of the latest food trends and provide their users with expert insights and opinions.
Zomato also holds regular brainstorming sessions to generate new content ideas. During these sessions, they bring together members of their content team and other relevant stakeholders to discuss potential ideas and evaluate them based on their relevance to their users, potential impact, and feasibility.
Content marketing is an essential aspect of any successful marketing strategy. Creating high-quality content that resonates with your target audience can increase brand awareness, drive website traffic, and generate leads. To create an effective content marketing strategy, it’s essential to understand your target audience, define your brand’s unique value proposition, and choose the right content format.
Additionally, it’s crucial to focus on quality over quantity, use data to inform your strategy and stay up to date with the latest trends in content marketing. By following these best practices, you can create a successful content marketing strategy that helps your brand achieve its marketing goals.
If you are looking for brand marketing goals through content marketing, connect with us via hello[at]noboruworld.com
What’s the difference between content marketing and traditional advertising?
Content marketing focuses on creating valuable and informative content to engage and educate the audience, while traditional advertising relies on paid promotions to deliver a specific message. Content marketing aims to build trust and long-term relationships, whereas conventional advertising often has a more immediate sales-driven objective.
How can I find the right balance between quantity and quality in content marketing?
The balance between quantity and quality depends on your goals and resources. Prioritise quality content that genuinely serves your audience’s needs, but also maintain a consistent publishing schedule to keep your audience engaged. Test different frequencies to find what works best for your audience and resources.
Is content marketing suitable for all types of businesses?
Content marketing can benefit many businesses, but its effectiveness may vary. It’s most effective for businesses with a target audience seeking information or solutions related to their products or services. However, with creativity and a well-defined strategy, businesses of all sizes and industries can leverage content marketing to some extent.